Tuesday, March 29, 2011

things that make me irritated, er, smile

Over the recent couple of days I have found that my tendency to get irritated with the lack of tidiness around my house has increased.  My first action item is to check my medication schedule and make sure I'm not missing any SSRIs, if you know what I mean... when that has checked out I resort to other self-criticism and then onto blaming others.  It rarely gets that far though - although, my husband might disagree with that... maybe I should clarify, it rarely gets that far and is justified.

Its usually me.

When I realize that its me and I've got something going on in my life, or my head for that matter, that produces a less than satisfactory sense of control over my emotions, I try to spend some time in scripture... pray to my heavenly Father that He will comfort me and give me a sense of peace that surpasses all understanding and help me to see things for what they are... and He always does - most of those times I am quiet enough in my heart to really grab hold of what He wants me to experience and run with it.

This morning I spent time indulging in what my house looks like 99% of the time... with children and crafts and artwork and schedules... and would I change it for anything?  to look more orderly and clean? to look more organized and without faults?  quite honestly, yes, I would sometimes... but it would be a far cry to the mother that God has created me to be... and yes, I do love how it looks.

If only I could grab onto that in the split second before my irritation builds beyond what I can bear...












Katie made a cover for my lampshade... would it 'look' nicer were it not there?  Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment