Sunday, March 20, 2011

thankful

I'm thankful that this week we sat with another family in our living room, confessing sin, repenting of that sin, asking forgiveness, offering forgiveness and finding restoration.  It was beautiful to see adults and children alike confess and repent and get to experience the Spirit at work in both our families individually and corporately. 

I'm thankful that this week we decided to make The Journey Church our home church and begin the process of partnering with Christ in what He is doing in and with that body of believers.

I'm thankful that today Pastor Matthew spoke so clearly to the heart of what it looks like to partner with Christ on a daily basis.  To stop scripting our own idea of what it looks like to follow Him and instead read His word, commune with Him and seek to be obedient regardless of how small or foolish it may seem to ourselves and the world around us.  The small steps towards the cross are a part of a greater plan that God has for His kingdom - and we don't want to miss it.  His kingdom is in our midst right now... do we see it?  Or are we too busy writing our own script?  As I find myself unsettled about Kyle and I's lack of certainty in the next step of our life, I find myself pulling out the paper, grabbing the pen, dipping it in ink and beginning to forge forth with wonderful ideas that are self-proclaimed and leave me at risk of missing His presence that is available to me right now.  His Kingdom is moving forward and each moment I get to choose to reap the rewards of partnering with Him or reap the destruction of making my own movie to the tune of impatience and all things worldly.

I'm thankful that someone I love dearly stepped foot in my home this week, that we met each others' gaze and began what may be a work of God's restoring power.  I'm prayerful that I will lay down my own ideals and instead humble myself, walk toward reconciliation and prepare for whatever it is God's wanting to do in our lives individually, and again, corporately.

I'm thankful that my Dad drove over this weekend and was able to spend time with Kyle, the kids and me.  I witnessed the Spirit at work in my Dad's daily life as he makes what may seem like small decisions to partner with what God is wanting to do with him.  It was such a testimony to me and I'm so grateful for a Dad and Mom who continue to learn what it is to submit to the Lord and ask Him for direction - they are not in the business of writing their own scripts at this point in their life.  May I find encouragement in that and continue to lay even the smallest of daily decisions before the Lord knowing that He has a plan and His kingdom is moving forward with or without me.  There is nothing more exciting than watching the God of the universe unveil His glory -- and if we are too busy staring at our 'script', we will miss it.

I'm thankful that my daughter, Katie, walked out of her Sunday school class and began reciting the scripture learned that day in class.  I'm thankful that we walked in the door from church and she asked if she could have the bible I gave her today for her very own... asking if she could decorate it and put her name on it.  No pictures inside, no study notes... nothing other than the active, living scripture of Jesus Christ.  Praise you God.

I'm thankful for Hot Yoga.  In T-3 hours, I will be stepping inside a 105 degree studio ready to spend 90 minutes bending my body in ways I forgot I could bend... and for a moment, I will close my eyes and pretend I'm on the beach at dusk... doing yoga and breathing in the hot, humid climate of some tropical place.

I'm thankful for my husband who wants with all his might to be obedient to the Lord.  To fashion his daily life after that of Jesus.  He wants his relationship with me, his relationship with his kids, his relationship with his co-workers to be transparent and in need of the work of Jesus Christ so that he can experience the Lord's work every moment of every day.  To be in a spot of humility so that he can be open to the Spirit's leading albeit 'foolish' to the world... and sometimes foolish to me.  He leads our family in such a way that I'm more than proud to stand next to him, I'm humbled.

I'm thankful Lord.  

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Krista! Beautifully written. And I'm so happy that you and your family are calling Journey Church your home!! YEAH!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always smile at your postings. So refreshing....so real...so humble. Thank you again, Krista!

    ReplyDelete