Tuesday, March 15, 2011

a box of good

Ahhh... another dinner prepped with all the needed ingredients...

except the shallots.

I pack up the kiddos putting on each the easiest footwear possible, leaving their faces disgracefully messy, their noses not wiped and their attitudes victim to hunger and exhaustion... not a good mix. 

but i need shallots.

Once arriving at the store, I see the bargains down every aisle -- the prices are screaming at me and I begin to quickly skate down the aisles grabbing some of this and a little of that... a pile of that and a couple of those.

Checking out reveals that I've once again chosen to 'stock up' even though I don't necessarily need to stock up...

all I needed was shallots.

So I'm excited to say that next week we'll be receiving our first 'box of good' from Klesick Family Farm! 

The original motivation for purchasing organic produce delivery was my desire to cut down on my grocery store visits for reasons such as the aforementioned but after reading their story and getting acquainted with their heart of farming and buying local, my excitement grew into what I think could be a dangerous love affair... I mean, they sell everything from bread to beef.

I could get used to this.

1 comment:

  1. You will loved Klesick's. The produce is awesome. We tried fruits and vegetables that we had never tired and probably wouldn't have had they not been in our wonderful box.

    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete