Wednesday, March 9, 2011

free range kids

Lenore Skenazy is a columnist who writes for the New York Sun (at least I think she still does.)  Here's a column from her site that I read today about Stranger Danger - the response from the German, in particular, is very much the approach Kyle and I want to take with our children.  The idea of not teaching our children common sense skills due to our own parental fear and instead flooding them with unfounded information is becoming too prevalent...

LOVE This Letter (About "Stranger Danger!")

1 comment:

  1. hi Krista. I read your blog often and very much appreciate your authenticity and honesty!

    I went to this woman's blog and read a whole slew of the comments and couldn't help but leave one of my own...and Lenore sent me an emailed response! It was very cool and she gave me some advice for our less than stellar situation (we have actual sex offenders living on our street!) Nothing I hadn't heard or thought about before but still very sweet of her.

    Anyway thanks for posting this, I might not have found it otherwise.

    I also hope Maggie can introduce us someday ;)

    ReplyDelete