Tuesday, March 22, 2011

a box of good delivered

'It's like Christmas on Tuesdays!' someone mentioned when they heard I had signed up for Klesick Family Farm's 'box of good'... yes, it was like Christmas this weekend as I waited for Tuesday to arrive - not to mention yesterday and today!

I took Katie to school... excitedly drove up the driveway and looked left to the front step as I put the van in PARK. Nothing.

Picked Katie up from school... excitedly drove up the driveway and looked left to the front step... IT'S HERE!!! There on my front step were two cardboard boxes of fresh, local, organic produce teasing me in all their packaging. The kids were just as excited as I was and they heaved the heavy boxes through the entry way and into the kitchen where I spent another 20 minutes taking pictures. How could I not?

Klesick Family Farms has made an incredible first impression... the customer service from talking to Mike directly on the phone to receiving my box of good and having all the expected 'fresh this week' produce as well as the last minute items I had added to my order such as shallots, bananas, lemons and limes. The oranges were exceptional and exploded in my mouth and I decided that these orange peels couldn't go to waste - they'll be used to infuse olive oil. The broccolini will be put to use tonight and the others carefully incorporated into my weekly meal plan...

So far I am one. satisfied. customer.





My 'gift' as a first time customer of Klesick Family Farms!!

2 comments:

  1. This is so funny because I did the VERY same thing!!! I just got my first box from them on Thursday and got Apple Butter for my free gift!!! It is the greatest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, it IS wonderful! And I presume you are eagerly awaiting your box of good coming to you in two days... This was even more beautiful than the first! And with STRAWBERRIES this week -- I have to admit, half of the strawberries are gone and we just received the box mid-morning today... baked potato bar and delicious salads are on the menu this week!

    ReplyDelete