Saturday, March 12, 2011

hairy little fish, tasty little fish

Yesterday I was craving salad.  But not just any salad - I wanted a little bit of everything.  Tang, sweetness, crunch, bite of cheese and protein... and I've got to have all the ingredients because I want the salad pronto!

Caesar with Chicken.  That's it.

I had a few leaves left of romaine, a rotisserie chicken from Costco, some homemade croutons and hairy little anchovy fillets.  I had all I'd need to make the quintessential  Chicken Caesar.  I made my first ever homemade Caesar dressing and it was all I'd dreamed it to be.  Now I'm addicted.

The first jar was finished last night at a friend's house where we ate Caesar Salad with beer and pizza - so good!  And today I began craving that yummy salad again at about 10:00am -

so I made another jar.

See the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment