Friday, March 19, 2010

Lora Jensen's 3 Day Potty Training Method - Again.

Day 2 of Potty Training. This is the second time I've potty trained a child. You're curious aren't you? I DO have three children yet I don't even remember the first -- it didn't seem hard at all... but it did seem long. Days of potty seats here and there, days of accidents at sporadic times. Me ASKING her if she needs to go. Me MAKING her go before we tried to accomplish very important tasks like errands, sleep and eating.

Then I heard about Lora Jensen's 3 Day Potty Training Method and my ears perked up.  With William it was hard, rigorous and labor-intensive. But only for 3 days. Therefore, I decided to take it on again with my second -- when they say that every child is different, they're not kidding. But even in that, Lora claims that they will be potty trained in 3 Days - regardless of their temperament.  William was trained in about a day... and Ben shows little-teeny-weeny-baby-signs of being trained by the end of three!  Oi... I will survive.

So I forge forward with the anticipation of a fully potty trained family -- I'll be the closest to diapers again considering my weak bladder control and lack of care for class. Today we made cookies to keep the kid (Ben) from running around the house like a wild animal, grabbing at his privates and just ever so slightly releasing into his drawers. I think he's testing the whole process - and by golly, I'm staying on him like a fly on you-know-what... he has actually run out of the room, turned around to find me walking after him in an attempt to 'play' and he gives me the 'talk to the hand' routine and shakes his head vigorously. I have officially reached the 'uncool Mom' stage and my son is only nearing two years old. But the marshmallows atop the cookies were a sure winner...


There's a quick way to this kids heart. Now if only he would follow the trail of mini Jet Puffed Marshmallows to the restroom...

Oh, he's cute... in his big boy underwear, doing big boy things, eating 'poop pills' as I've decided to call them to make them more tantalizing for him, and sleeping... which is what he's doing as I write this. Will THIS be the moment?! Will this be when it 'clicks'?!

We will find out soon.

Again its one in the afternoon but on the SECOND day. I'll keep you updated.  Ben lounging Cleopatra style under the dining table, Ben and his 'poop pills' and Ben's cheeks at the computer.  Man he's got thighs like tree trunks.  I want to nibble them.  But not now.  They're covered in dry pee.  I'm not Bear Grylls.

Cheers.

6 comments:

  1. I love it! Your take on potty training is good enough to sell her program for her. You could have written (or still could) the intro for her! Can't wait to hear about Ben's 'aha' moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day two is the hardest. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would pee in the potty for one of those cookies....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm wondering why the hurry? Why not let him lead and do it when he's actually ready? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous,
    A lot the same reason we took his binkie away at 18 months (late for the usual 12 month to-the-day Schei way)...
    Because he expects me to lead! Kyle and I have always lead and our kiddos look for it. So, we lead. They follow suit and its amazing the amount of responsibility that they acquire within that set of boundaries -- its fun, to tell you the truth! He can be potty trained but HE doesn't know it, and I would prefer three difficult days as opposed to changing 'adult poop' diapers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading about your experience with Lora Jenson's method. I just finished potty training kid #2 with this and worked like a charm. Although I felt like it really took a full 5 days for me to feel that he "got it" with minimal accidents. ;-)

    http://mommyneurotic.wordpress.com/2013/06/25/potty-training-in-5-days-what/

    ReplyDelete