Wednesday, March 3, 2010

3 Day Potty Training. T-2 Days...

Lora Jensen has heard the cry... she has discovered what every child needs when it comes to reading their signals and learning to go potty like a big kid.

At 25 months, William was fully potty-trained. I had heard about this '3 Day Potty Training' Program and was so excited to get on board! Having just had a baby 4 weeks prior to potty-training William, I was not looking forward to the hard work it would take but WAS looking forward to no more diapers.

You're skeptical? Understandably so. But don't knock it til you try it. It works AS LONG AS YOU DO WHAT SHE SAYS. Yes, you feed your child ample amounts of high-fiber foods likely causing them to poop, you make them drink incredible amounts of liquids in order to increase the opportunity for them to 'read their body's signals' and thus have more accidents which lead to greater success when they do figure it out! You stay indoors for THREE WHOLE DAYS. No, you do not run to take someone to school. No, you do not run to the store. No, no, no, no. Wherever you want to go, whatever you want to do has to be laid to the wayside for THREE WHOLE DAYS. You even have to be in the same room as them for THREE WHOLE DAYS (except at nap and bedtime.) Its exhausting and time-consuming but just imagine the outcome! I cannot wait for Monday morning when Ben wakes up in his underwear, goes in to go potty as soon as he feels the need, and continues on with his day -- like a BIG BOY.

T-2 days... and counting.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What an accomplishment. I wish I had known about a method like that. Thankfully my girls were easy, alas, it was my son who took a "WEE" bit longer. But we finally had him trained by 3. My girls were all trained between 18 months and two years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'WEE' ... you're a funny lady, Lanita. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea if you will see this comment from so far back, but I just came across your blogs about pt and the three-day method in my search to learn if it works or not. Thank you for your open candor about PT your little one. I am stepping away after a very unsuccessful three days (wihtout hte method, but very similar to it) and it is refreshing to hear I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete