Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hostage Situation.

Our most recent hostage situation was one that I was rather proud of. We usually adorn our kitchen/dining room with critters in the minor league such as beetles or ants... but a FROG?! Now we've breached what may be a situation worthy of a conversation or two about animal cruelty.


*Note: we feel that flooding them with the truth is a fantastic way to create for them a realistic outlook on life in most any situation. When I told Katie that she will likely be dissecting (had to explain that term) frogs in high school she responded with, 'well, that's ok. Science helps us understand things that we want to learn about. that's just science. this is different.'

Ahhh... survival of the fittest. Well done, my pink/sparkles/tutu/artist-of-a-daughter, you make me proud.

2 comments:

  1. oh, you are so lucky. THe boys have been dreaming of finding a frog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreams DO come true... I'm sure little Hoppy Schei has a brother out there. I'll be sure to send word to him.

    ReplyDelete