Monday, February 8, 2010

What the.

I'm so overwhelmed with emotion right now as I watch the megachurch - on FB, looking through pictures of churches in our area.

Everyone's 'beautiful', everyone's 'relational', everyone's 'cool'...

There's a medium there to reach the masses and its not Jesus. Jesus is the END goal... how to get there is thought to be such a mass of confusion -- its a GAME. With all the classes and programs and cool 'kid' things... before you know it, you're wrapped up in the class you had last night or the neat comment the pastor made on Sunday as opposed to the raw fact that the only reason you're breathing at the moment is because God wants to bring Himself glory THROUGH you and you don't need your shower, your jeans or your coffee in order for Him to do so.

Yes, I'm extremely angry right now...

I'd let my child listen to Yosemite Sam tell Bugs that he's 'sending him to hell' before I'd let them step foot in some of these services.

I'm so angry and in disbelief right now, I should do what I do with the kids before a spanking... take a deep breath and pray for discernment before acting.

2 comments:

  1. i agree a deep breath, some prayer and with that will come discernment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree also, what is to become of the church. Did we forget...God help us.

    ReplyDelete