Monday, August 23, 2010

Submission.

Its not hard for me to give larger, out-of-my-control issues over to the Lord, its those that are just within my grasp to control that I struggle with most. The idea of where we are to move in 6 months, easy. Take it Lord, its yours and we'll just do what you tell us to do - whether it be an apartment here or a home in Yakima. That stuff doesn't stress me out, never really has. But the next 2 weeks of no cash to buy groceries and/or fill up on gas is what I have the darndest time finding peace with. When things look so dismal and there's no clever way around 'making ends meet' but we need GAS... that's where miracles start happening.

Do I believe in miracles? Do I believe in God and His care for my family even on such a small scale? I mean, really? Gas?

Its tight around here even in the midst of provision at work - medical bills and our transmission is what's got us so thinned out. So, in an act of submission to my Father and a desire to get creative with the few dollars we have available, I've begun making things -- did you know you can make almost anything out of what you have in your cupboards?

Tortillas/Flat bread














Syrup





















I'm sure I'll find more stuff to create in the next couple of days.  And quite honestly, the time I've spent in the kitchen kneading the dough and stirring the pot has been relaxing... its caused me to slow down and meditate on life and where we're at.  To stop snacking and instead feed the kids when its meal time and watch them inhale every last bite of homemade whatever - its a good feeling. 

I guess things don't look so dismal after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment