Sunday, August 15, 2010

Location Options and Details for Jones' Adoption Fundraiser

Hello families! First of all, welcome to my blog -- this is where I spend quite a bit of time... whether its writing or rereading past posts to keep my heart in line with what God is teaching me - and most likely has already taught me. And to those who follow my blog and are inspired by what is happening this coming weekend, let me know if you'd like to be involved!  I'd be happy to welcome you to the event on Facebook.

LOCATIONS (*requesting more than one site is welcomed)

Below you will see some shots of the locations that are available for shooting at this coming weekend. My daughter, Katie, and I went out this morning - accompanied by Shawn Roe, the herdsman for Thomas Farm, and scouted out the lighting and crop growth. It is absolutely GORGEOUS out there on their 300+ acres.

The weather for this coming weekend is supposed to be partly sunny with a high of 72 degrees - PERFECT. I will continue to pray that God provides a lovely couple of days that will cater to photographing small children - LOTS of small children! - and families.

PARKING:

Dependent on the location you would prefer to shoot at, you will park at either the Thomas Farm office off of Lowell-Larimer or you will 'off road' it and park off of Marsh Road on a dirt drive that takes you out to the lush fields. 'Off road' is quite a stretch... I drove the dirt drives with my Odyssey minivan and had no problems.

Upon arriving, I will be ready for you at the location of your choice. Please send me a Facebook message or email with your cell phone number so that I can reach you prior to your shoot if the need arises. (tardiness, sprinkler system went awry, monsoon is approaching, etc.) and I will respond with my information, if you don't already have it.

CLOTHING:

Photographing individuals allows for funky colors and patterns. Feel free to bring an outfit that captures your child as well as something they'll be comfortable in! I wouldn't bat an eyelash at their favorite Halloween costume from last year! In fact, I'd be so pleased to see them smiling and gleeful as they danced around as a purple Unicorn or a dangerous Dinosaur. On a more conservative note (you know, as opposed to last year's Halloween costume), funky and bright colors AND muted colors photograph well against a rustic background - dependent on the 'feel' you want.

Photographing multiples is easier with solids so that the photograph looks balanced. Understand that as a photographer I can only manipulate certain components and the clothing is not one of them! Logos, etc. are not good as they are distracting; wear same-weather clothing and make sure you all look like you stepped out of the same season; flip-flops on the farm will only work if you prefer shots inside the barn (rustic) as it shouldn't be anything but pavement to get you to the shoot site; otherwise, wear shoes that you can walk in because the *lower road, grass, and wheat will include a small trek through dry dirt and uneven ground.

MISCELLANEOUS:

NO PETS - the farm has Jack, the farm dog, and others are not welcome; roughly 30-40 images will be edited and burned to a DVD; DVD will be available by the end of September at the latest and will be either mailed or delivered personally - whichever you prefer; images will be delivered in high-resolution (printable files); all proceeds will be given to the Jones' family immediately following the weekend (by Monday, August 23rd) - rental equipment and service fees will be expenses paid by Krista Schei Photography and your 'every penny' will be given so the Jones' can bring home their child from Ethiopia;  feel free to contact me with any further questions or concerns.

*see photographs and descriptions for location options

mature corn field















grass


























grass (black and white)


























grass (tire tracks)


























lower road (1)


























lower road (2)


























rustic (1 and 2)








































metal barn


























wheat

1 comment:

  1. Please take into consideration my daughter's wardrobe was NOT my choice -- if it were up to me, she'd be wearing a skirt, suede 'ugg-like' brown boots and a cute top... but its not up to me anymore. I've decided I've got bigger battles to fight... and bless her heart she was excited to help me as I scouted the sites for next weekend! Its a good thing she's got such a cute face - I truly adore her and her 'fashion-sense'.

    ReplyDelete