Tuesday, August 24, 2010

God Provides. He always has.

This morning I read Acts 9 about Saul's conversion and then began reading Isaiah... chapter 1 is only the first in a line of 6 chapters where Israel's arrogance is splayed out and admonished by our Almighty God.  As I read, I was reminded that in these moments of struggle I often question God's provision just like the Israelite people questioned his provision over and over even after he'd provided for them - yes, over and over.

Could God drop manna from heaven as the kids and I are riding bikes and playing in the drive?  Yes.
Do I believe that manna could drop from the sky as the kids and I are riding bikes and playing in the drive?  No.
Should I wait expectantly for God's provision and trust in His amazing timing?  Yes. 

So yesterday, my girlfriend read my recent post and dropped off five bags of groceries and some cash.  Humbling.  Oh so humbling.  With that food I have fed the kids breakfast, made a bunch of hamburger patties and froze them, fed the masses of children in our neighborhood spaghetti for lunch today, sipped on wine whilst blogging (God bless you) and will be making a blackberry pie from the butter she bought.  Because there's not much reason to go anywhere when we've got this beautiful weather and little cash to spend, we went to the park by our house and filled two bowls with blackberries.  The neighbor boys asked if they could come indulge in our pie and I couldn't help but smile at the awesomeness of my God... yes, these are the same boys that ate lunch with us. 

With little, he has done so much already!  He's fed at least 5-7 kids (plus two adults) every day... he's created community between my children and the children whose parents bought us food (can I tell you how cool it is to watch THAT interaction?  and at such a young age?!)... he has given us fresh bread for our soup last night and cheese for our fantatic cheese-lover-of-a-son... he has given me enough chicken to feed our dinner party on Friday of this week... and crab appetizers to go with it...

How much have I spent, you ask?

Nothing.  He dropped manna from heaven - just like he's done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment