Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Obedience.

'I am the vine; you are the branches.  If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing' John 15:5

'the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control' Galations 5:22

'(for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord' Ephesians 5:9-10
 
As I've been in scripture, God has revealed to me what it looks like to 'remain in Him' and that only when I remain in Him will I begin to see what pleases His heart, the works that He's prepared in advance for me to do (see Ephesians 2:10) and the fruit that comes from that obedience.

****

The process of obedience is so beautiful and demands nothing less than submission to Him.  Kyle and I spoke the other night and he had tears in his eyes... in the midst of the world seeming unstable it was rather ironic that we were feeling a sense of urgency to 'stop trying so hard'.  STOP trying to make more money; STOP trying to make 36 hours fit into 24; STOP trying... STOP STOP STOP.  The thing was that its not that we had just had this revelation -- no, we've had this revelation zillions of times in the past but it was THIS one that seemed even more beautiful than the one before.  Maybe because its just that much closer to the heart of Jesus.

Today Kyle and I feel more sure of the outcome because we've stopped trying to help ourselves -- no, the cliche that 'God helps those who help themselves' is a twisted form of approaching the concept that in daily circumstances we are not to lazily sit in hopes that God the Almighty drops things in our lap without us lifting a finger -- that's the opposite end of the twisted spectrum.  When we actively seek Him, find out what pleases His heart, act in response to that and draw closer to Him, we will find ourselves right where He wants us.

In His will.  And I cannot imagine being anywhere else.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you my dear - you are truly gifted in Wisdom. 'Wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere’ James 3:17

    ReplyDelete
  2. love reading what you have to say krista.. always real and always relatable :) thanks again for your snippets of advice on fb. i'll let you know when we go for it w/ the potty training! eek!

    ReplyDelete