Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mute.

Deep exhaustion sets up camp tonight.

It has been months of 33.333...% of my children being sick on any given day; 100% of my children yapping about the whos done whats in the wheres and whys from dreams to preschool - 66% of those children use intelligable words which leaves me about 33+% further away from the hoped-for sanity I will some day find; my desire to write and photograph has been on the up swing and so my moments focused away from my children and spouse has been increasing which leaves 100% of my children feeling less than coddled and 100% of my spouse feeling less than sexed-up; one of my dearest friends arrived from North Carolina with her two children for 4 days and there've been tea parties, dance parties, arguments and screaming, laughing and maintaining to boot - currently in house we have GG (1 year old), Benjamin (2 years old), CK (3 years old), William (4 years old) and Katie (5 years old) and the party has NOT STOPPED -- and after the kids go to bed is when our party begins; my youngest 33.33...% woke with a fever this morning, my middle asked 6 times to play Lego Star Wars before lunch and my eldest calapsed in a pile of tears due to any number of over stimuli only to be shaken from her egocentrism by Hanna Montanaesque humor and the silly faces of Charli Katie -- for goodness' sake; the doctors appointment today told me 14 days on Augmentin and then a possible 2 months on provolactic just may cure my son's 'strep carrier' symptoms; my 'indoor and away from people' days have been used up and the Boss is mercifully providing me with perspective that some days things will change - likely with surgery; my belly, though being 'flat' from one perspective (clothed) is not necessarily being tightened by my aerobic lifestyle and its my pride that is being stripped of its existence - I will forever wear a one-piece; ...

I'm exhausted.

The things I let slide:
- moon sand on the floor
- children unsupervised in the bath (see pic of soap suds - an entire bottle of baby bath was opened)
- pajamas all day (holla' to Julie Chavez)
- no shower for Mom
- diaper-paleesque smell in my van
- McDs drive through
- oops, another glass of wine
- sleeping while the kids watch Peter Pan
- no spot mopping
- cereal for lunch -- possibly POPS
- dried childrens paints on my front stoop

...

Amen for bedtime and for sleeping kids. 

06:30 is coming quick. 

1 comment:

  1. I love you! After noticing what day this was posted, it's no wonder you forgot my birthday! Give yourself a break my dear! I love you - you're amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete