Friday, April 30, 2010

Fun with HDR.

HDR photography stands for High Dynamic Range photography and is a technique that I've been studying up on lately -- its fascinating and opens up some great opportunities for photographs where I'd never thought of taking photographs before... I cannot wait to practice this in a room where the daylight is spilling in.

Can you see the difference in the before and after shots below? The first picture is a picture taken with 'proper' exposure. The second photograph is an image created by merging nine shots of the same image taken at different exposures. This is only the third try EVER for me... but its better than my first, guaranteed. Oh... not to mention the fabulous lens I'm using - Nikkor 14-24mm f2.8 - its dreamy. I rented it for a 6 month baby shoot I have tomorrow... ahh, glass... who knew it could be so beautiful?

If you need help, be sure to look closely at the backboard of the bar; underneath the dining room table; the 'noise' and lack thereof on the pillar; the bookshelf... etc. Amazing, eh?!


Enjoy my enjoyment. :)

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. It looks a lot clearer too. That seems like it could get a little obsessive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. just a little... just a little... just a little... just a little...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is ver cool! I looked the 2 pictures forever before I read what you posted! LOL. Can we say A.D.D?! Looking forward to what more you have to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look out magazine spreads -- here comes Krista! Now I'm even more anxious to collaborate!

    ReplyDelete