Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday. Sunday. Sunday.

What a wonderful day it has been - aside from my 2 year old being awake for 4 of the 11 hours he usually sleeps, throwing up on me first thing this morning IN MY BED AND ON MY PILLOW, my allergies being the worst I think I've ever had (thanks to the lovely wild flowers we picked yesterday that have been sitting underneath my nose in the kitchen all morning but leave it to me to not discover that til mid-afternoon), having to cancel church because some kid decided to throw up (see the aforementioned experience for more detail) and thus, missing time with our dear friends and wonderful community, Erik Shaw and the Kalous Family.

Aside from all that (heavy sigh and sweet smile), its been a wonderful day.  We woke up early (deep breathe) due to throw up and we were out of coffee (did I forget to mention that above) and so I got Ben in the car, wrapped a towel around his lap and up under his chin and took off for Starbucks where our wonderful friend and Starbucks manager, Jason Mayfield, always takes care of us.

note: kyle was out until 3:30am with his friend who's home from Iraq on leave - he wasn't awake enough to be awake let alone drive.

I ordered two VENTI drip coffees in my attempt to meet our coffee expectations for the rest of the morning and three mini-donuts for the kids (two chocolate and one pink with sprinkles - two boys and one girl, right?!  wrong.  William likes pink with sprinkles.  noted.)  Upon checking out, Jason kindly handed me a pound of freshly ground Ethiopia Limu... I was humbled and soooo thankful.  Thank you Jason!  You rock!

Benjamin ate his donut on the way home (I know, dangerous considering the state of his stomach -- but were I to tell you that he might begin mutilating himself were he to see a doughnut without eating it you might consider bearing the risk too.)

We leisurely traced through a couple neighborhoods on the way home to look at homes FOR SALE.  When we eventually arrived home, we ate a pleasant breakfast of umpteen number pieces of toast, yogurt, mini-donuts, milk and cereal and then watched an Avatar: The Last Air Bender episode (ok, we watched two episodes and then re-watched them when Kyle woke up because they're SO GOOD.)  After that we kicked the kids outside on this beautiful day and this is how it turned out.

 

They got as dirty as they possibly could - well, William and Benjamin that is. William can't get dirty, its just not within his nature. Benjamin makes it an art and creates an entire world out of his being dirty. Katie, on the other hand, calculates whether or not its really worth it. It wasn't worth it today.

They took baths while I relaxed in my bed -- I was exhausted from my long shoot yesterday and the 'unexplainable' allergies that were quickly depleting me of any energy that I did have. With fresh, crisp sheets on my bed and the kind-of-sunshine that was streaming through the blinds, I rested peacefully. Kyle got the kids out and we sat as a family at 1:30pm, cozy in our bed and watched another Avatar episode... I slept. Then off to quiet time and naps... Ben is still napping as I write.

Its been a good day. Its rather quiet - in fact, all day long I've been able to hear the hum of the refrigerator. The lights are off and its a pleasant moment over and over again (aside from the other stuff that just seems to happen -- you know, stuff.)

I hope you've had a wonderful day as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment