Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I judge people.

And I really shouldn't. Its my 'go to reaction' though when someone's different than me and I've spent so much time thinking about and wrestling with who I want to be. I truly get to a point where I'm rather positive that the way I do it is 'right' - like the Right way, you know. I read the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and there's no better book. Your child will sleep if you do EXACTLY what the book says. Its the Right thing to do. I read "Shepherding a Childs Heart" and there's no better parenting book. Do what it says, its the Right thing to do. Simply read 'Parenting with Love and Logic', there's no need to go to the classes offered. Just read what the book says and apply it. Its the Right way to do it. Potty train the '3 Day Pottytraining' way and don't veer from the program. Its the best way to do it - so of course its Right. You base your entire daily routine around 'dodging' the inevitable, its just not Right. Be wise, but don't be irrational.

Tupperware parties. They're not Right. But in a desire to shed my Mom responsibilities and hang out with my eyes half open eating hoers De oeuvres, sipping something (preferably alcoholic but didn't expect such AWESOMENESS), oohing-and-aahing over plastic, over-priced storage containers was something that sounded doable - considering my OCD organizational personality.

Keeping my standards low and my hopes high.

Arrived. Casually perused the premises for signs of wine glasses. I saw the tall, thin foggy plastic Tupperware pitcher with what looked to be 'iron ons' of oranges and lemons on the side. I saw coffee being prepared by the host.

Damn. And double damn.

I made my way back and forth to the kitchen eating a doughnut here, a piece of fruit there... I smiled and nodded but when the Tupperware bowl came around with tiny Tupperware bowls inside of it, each with a 'surprise message' inside, that's when I decided to put my foot down. One of those surprise messages was 'host a party' which I would NEVER do because I'm just not into that kind of thing. So I smiled sweetly and passed on playing.

As the evening drew to a close and I began sifting through the catalog, I thought to myself, 'hmmm... I could really use that.' By the time I was turning the last handful of pages of the catalog I was sitting up, legs splayed out in front of me on the host's living room floor with the catalog open, pen in hand and my order form filling up. I had 'played the game' and drew "10 percent off any one regular priced item" and although I didn't HAVE to host a party, I, in what seemed to be a 'buzz induced excitement' opted to host a party at my house.

I bought the towels that Rachel has because the ones from Williams-Sonoma can't even compete. I bought the Fridge Vent Set thingamabob because it will save me money on produce. I bought the Freezer Set and the Herb Freezer Set because... well, it looks nicer in my freezer. It comes with labels.

$184 later AND offered to host a party at my house in hopes that YOU will buy stuff and I'll get 'free Tupperware money' to reorganize my entire pantry. I won't display any of their 'to the table' pieces because I would hate to, not only white-trash-up my table, but be judged by someone.

I'm a closet Tupperware-ist. And I know the perfect invitee - my dear Kristen Schwark. I can't wait!

Have you seen their 'Quick Chef'?? It'll make your heart race.

3 comments:

  1. Idont know, I mean it isnt strollers :)

    You may have got me too late as I just reorganized my pantry. But hey I will come for the food and free time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next month I'll be hosting my THIRD Passion Party. It's like a Tupperware party except it's actually toys for the bedroom! It's so much fun. I love to just get the girls together for wine and the opportunity to order dirty things makes it that much better.

    ReplyDelete