Thursday, September 16, 2010

Isaiah was born into wealth...

I received image left from my husband this morning... this was his view upon awaking.  As he meets with a client in LA amidst the wealth and status of celebrities, I find myself thinking of (not to mention dreaming of) his whereabouts and the people that he just might be joining up with during this project...

Why?  BECAUSE its foreign and fun and full of opportunity to be out from under where we've been!  What do you mean 'why?!'  All that the normal person might look at and begin to dream of... if not, than ok -- I admit to being a little star-struck.

This morning I hopped in the car - not in a hurried fashion, mind you!  But in a well thought out and ready to take on the world kind of fashion... although unshowered, I still felt just as productive as anyone else.  Katie was dropped at April's and I was with two boys - two boys who were excited to have 'class' and be as big as Katie who is now in Kindergarten.  Two boys who were bound to be confident and self-sufficient and ready to break free from their Mom who was also ready to break free from 'Mom'.

The boys were shuttled into their respective rooms and I walked the 50 yards to the bible study class of 200 women... ahhhh... the hymns, the teaching leader, the laughter, and the Spirit in the room was refreshing.  I continued to think of my husband and what he might be up to down in LA...

The principles for today were so appropriate considering the stark contrast between our family's financial struggles and what Kyle's working amongst at this moment - it kept my heart lined up with that of what Jesus would have for us... wealth is not bad; but the abandonment of faith in God due to that wealth is disastrous -- (deep breath)

Principle I: a consistent lifestyle combined with steady convictions can profoundly influence a culture.
Principle II: unguarded prosperity leads to self-reliance and abandonment of faith in God.
Principle III: God's word is both reliable and eternal with a message of hope for today.

My God knows the words that speak to my heart at every moment...

Isaiah was born into wealth -- its not a bad thing... he continued to be obedient to his Father.  Regardless of the status we find ourselves in - the utmost importance is our obedience to our Father.

 

2 comments: