Wednesday, June 8, 2011

once upon a time,

i'm beginning to think that the energy lost from having multiple children (any more than two) is having a significant effect on my ability to write.

i just spent umpteenth minutes reading old blog posts ('umpteenth' because i cannot imagining looking over my shoulder at the clock to calculate accurately) - i'm amazed by myself and my abilities in the past.  i imagine its not unlike our mums looking at images of themselves from their wedding day and gasping in delight at how lovely they are. 

i did that tonight.  i giggled.  i belly-laughed.  i recited parts from my blog out loud to the others in the room... and then with a feeling in my gut of almost devastation, i quieted myself and continued looking through the 'older posts'.  it was close to 'reading above the tears' as i read my most recent old blog post (if that makes any sense) -- i was feeling defeated.

i want to be 'with it', i really do.  but as rebecca and i spoke about this afternoon, its like raking leaves during a windstorm.  and so i will try and capture every brain cell, lock it up, and tell it to hold still until the moment comes when i have time to use it properly.

as for now, i'm simply trying to raise the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment