Saturday, December 26, 2009

Jenny Haferbecker... oh the comfort of old jeans.

Oh the comfort of slipping on my old, worn out jeans. If you're wondering to yourself what I'm talking about, please take a deep breath and remember what it feels like to leap into the most comfortable, forgiveable outfit you've ever owned and go from there. Jenny is THAT for me. She and her husband, Dusty, have been a staple in my life for years and I don't imagine that on my death bed that will have changed.

I had the pleasure of spending this last Wednesday, December 23rd, with Jenny, Dusty, their son, Leo, and Dusty's immediate family, the Haferbeckers of Kent, WA. It was a wonderful day of remembering the raw talent that comes from this family... Judy has her loud, boisterous confidence with a hint of haughtiness all encased in a large billowy cloud of love and comfort; Dick has a quiet, witty sense about him that causes even the most shy of human beings to follow him around the house and allow their curiosity and desire to be unique to get the best of them - Dick makes you feel special... he smiles and winks at you as though you have a 'secret' that know one else knows; Joe was not present but his wife Kristen was there to share with us the bare bones of what his current travels entailed -- a trip to Qatar to sculpt a large piece of ice for the royal castle - shockingly enough, this surprises no one in close relation to the Haferbeckers. The CHOP doc, Dusty, married my delectable friend, Jenny, whose heart finds rest in serving those around her. She is hell bent on finding the facets of a community where no one has met a need; not for the prestige but because it is there that Jesus would have gone.

Jenny and Dusty; Leo; Dick and Judy; and the Haferbeckers and Johnsons -- you all hold a dear place in my hearts whether or not we've spent ample time together... so many memories and so many more to come.

Jenny... I love you.





No comments:

Post a Comment