Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Survival of the Fittest.

When I write this I think to myself, 'what IF my kid was nabbed by some freakish human wanting to abuse them and murder them?!'... then I have to ask myself, 'am I considered 'fit' to be a parent?'

I'd like to raise 'fit' children and in doing so I need to understand how the responsibilities and capabilities should mature with age. I hope I can be wise enough to figure out what's appropriate at what age. I need to find a good book on that.

I'm quite certain Katie shouldn't have driven her drunk mother home last night... now where's that book...

1 comment:

  1. My son's preschool has a book that seems to be exactly what you are describing. It has helped me understand my son so much better and has given me the wisdom to decide what is okay and not okay for him at his present age. I don't know the title, but will on Friday!

    ReplyDelete